Why an Insurance Agent Makes a Difference When Buying an Insurance Plan
Buying Medicare health insurance, an individual health, life, homeowners’ insurance plan can be complicated. There are so many details and decisions to make.
That’s why it helps to have an expert on your side. That expert, is me, your insurance agent. My role is to help you through the insurance buying process. I know there are many myths about insurance agents and their role in buying health and other types of insurance. Let’s tackle some of the most common ones.
Myth: It costs more to use an agent because you have to pay a commission.
Fact: The insurance company pays the commission. You will pay the same amount for your health plan whether you use an insurance agent or buy it yourself. The difference is that I can save you hours of time wading through the choices and I can help you decide which plan is right for you.
Myth: An insurance agent is nothing more than a middle man.
Fact: It’s true. I am the middle person. But not in the way you think. My job job is to help you make sense of a complex system. A good agent will spend time learning about the needs of you and your family and then will look for the right insurance plan that fits your needs and your budget. I will help you every step of the way – through the benefits, application and enrollment process.
Myth: An insurance agent works for the insurance company, not for me.
Fact: As an independent insurance agent I can offer you choices from the different carriers that I work with. The better the plan and the service I provide, the more likely you are to renew your insurance plan through me. So I understand how important it is provide the best possible service.
Myth: There is no benefit to using an agent.
Fact: Using an agent provides lots of benefits. That’s because I:
- serve you throughout the year.
- make allowed changes to your plan for you.
- help you choose the right plan.
- enroll you in a plan.
- keep up with changes at the state and federal level that affect your insurance plans.
- am licensed and must take classes to stay up to date on the industry.
Myth: It’s easier to buy insurance online.
Fact: That may be true if you’re buying a book or a coffee maker. But insurance is a complex business with many choices. If you buy the wrong insurance plan, you can’t simply send it back. You could find out the hard way that the plan you chose doesn’t provide the coverage you want or need.
Myth: Once the agent sells you an insurance plan, that’s the end of your relationship.
Fact: A good insurance agent knows that this is a long-term relationship. Selling you the plan you need at a price you can afford is just the first step. I will:
- Help you make changes to your account. That includes things such as changing your contact information, adding or removing dependents, and ordering ID cards
- Help you with insurance claims, services or regulations.
- Assess your needs each year and help you find a new plan or renew your current plan.
Remember, I’m here to help you with all your insurance needs. Give me a call today to discuss your insurance needs. And, if I don’t have the answer I will figure out how to find it for you.
- Gratitude - Key to a Positive Mindset
- Adopting a Holistic Wellness Approach to a Healthier You
- 3 Common Sense Things People Should Know
- Exploring Superfoods: Nutrient-Packed Ingredients for a Healthy Diet
- Unraveling the Mystery of the Extra Day
- Digital Detox: A Healthy You in a Hyperconnected World
- Financial Fitness in 2024: Budgeting and Saving Tips
- Three Joyful Habits for a Healthier You in 2024
- New Year's Resolutions: Staying Committed Year Round
- The Magic of Christmas Traditions
- Staying Healthy During the Winter Months!
- How to be a Time Management Whiz During this Busy Season
- Self-care tips for December
- Five Health “Hacks” For Happy Holidays
- Turning 65? Looking at Medicare?
- Turning 65? What You Need to Know about Signing up for Medicare
- The Smart Home: What is that?
- Important definitions to help you understand your life Insurance
- Why an Insurance Agent Makes a Difference When Buying an Insurance Plan
- Preparing For an Emergency
- Davis Insurance Fresh New Look!
- Why Do I Pay Medicare Part B
- Don’t Let Insurance Coverage Gaps Put You at Financial Risk
- It’s February And That Means It’s American Heart Month
- Starting a New Business? Don’t Forget Your Insurance
- How to Stay on Track with Healthy Goals for 2017
- Insurance and Financial Planning Resolution for 2017!
- Wishing You a Happy Holiday Season
- End of the Year Financial To-Do List
- Modest Increases for 2017 Medicare Parts A & B Premiums and Deductibles
- Open Enrollment For Health Insurance is Here!
- Eat Well, Sleep Enough and Move to Stay Healthy
- Four things to know about Medicare Open Enrollment
- Pick a Plan, then Find The Right Doctor