Open Enrollment For Health Insurance is Here!
The yearly period when people can enroll in a health insurance plan is here and will run through January 31, 2017. Pay attention to the important deadlines below to make sure your coverage starts when you need it. If you’re renewing your plan, make sure you do your homework (we can help with that) or find other benefits you need if you shop for a new plan.
|Coverage Start Date||Select a Plan by|
|January 1, 2017||December 15, 2016|
|February 1, 2017||January 15, 2017|
|March 1, 2017||January 31, 2017|
When you apply for or renew your coverage in the Health Insurance Marketplace, you’ll need to provide some information about you and your household, including income, any coverage you currently have, and some additional items.
Use the checklist to help you gather what you need to apply for coverage.
- Information about your household size. Figure out who in your household should apply before you start your application.
- Home and/or mailing addresses for everyone applying for coverage.
- Information about everyone applying for coverage, like addresses and birth dates.
- Social Security Numbers.
- Information on how you file your taxes.
- Your best estimate of what your household income will be in 2017.
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance plans covering members of your household.
- Notices from your current plan that include your plan ID, if you have or had health coverage in 2016
We know this is a lot of information, so remember we are here to help. Give us a call and let us help you review your health care coverage.