Eat Well, Sleep Enough and Move to Stay Healthy
What is physical well-being? It means having good health and enough energy to do the things you need to do and want to do. How do you maintain physical well-being in our busy lives? Here are a few suggestions.
What You Eat
Think about what you eat. If possible, try cooking meal yourself, which can be fun and help you keep an eye on what you and your family are consuming. Meals are meant to be enjoyed, not scrutinized, and when you cook meals yourself, you don’t have worry so much about what’s on the plate because you know what went in the pot.
How and How Much to Move
A few years ago, research started coming out about the dangers of sitting all day…which is really unfortunate when most of what we all do for a living involves… sitting all day! We now know it’s more important than ever that people find ways to move throughout the day.
Keep it simple by going for a walk during the middle of the day. If you have time, go to the gym at least a few times a week. If not, try doing some activity with your family.
There are plenty of opportunities to keep your body moving, especially if you take the time to make it a priority.
Are You Sleeping Enough
Sleep is critical for many areas of well-being. While we’re talking about physical well-being, it’s important to note that emotional well-being is affected by sleep quality and how much you get. Although we are all different, eight hours is the recommended number of hours we should sleep.
Keep in mind, your body’s heart and blood vessels repair themselves while you sleep. In fact, ongoing sleep deprivation is linked to several disease states including diabetes, obesity, heart disease and stroke.
So how do you improve your sleep if you are lacking? Create a calm, soothing space for sleep and develop a bedtime routine that includes quiet time, soothing music or reading, and avoids eating or drinking, staring at a screen or late-night exercise.
Take care and enjoy your added energy.
- Gratitude - Key to a Positive Mindset
- Adopting a Holistic Wellness Approach to a Healthier You
- 3 Common Sense Things People Should Know
- Exploring Superfoods: Nutrient-Packed Ingredients for a Healthy Diet
- Unraveling the Mystery of the Extra Day
- Digital Detox: A Healthy You in a Hyperconnected World
- Financial Fitness in 2024: Budgeting and Saving Tips
- Three Joyful Habits for a Healthier You in 2024
- New Year's Resolutions: Staying Committed Year Round
- The Magic of Christmas Traditions
- Staying Healthy During the Winter Months!
- How to be a Time Management Whiz During this Busy Season
- Self-care tips for December
- Five Health “Hacks” For Happy Holidays
- Turning 65? Looking at Medicare?
- Turning 65? What You Need to Know about Signing up for Medicare
- The Smart Home: What is that?
- Important definitions to help you understand your life Insurance
- Why an Insurance Agent Makes a Difference When Buying an Insurance Plan
- Preparing For an Emergency
- Davis Insurance Fresh New Look!
- Why Do I Pay Medicare Part B
- Don’t Let Insurance Coverage Gaps Put You at Financial Risk
- It’s February And That Means It’s American Heart Month
- Starting a New Business? Don’t Forget Your Insurance
- How to Stay on Track with Healthy Goals for 2017
- Insurance and Financial Planning Resolution for 2017!
- Wishing You a Happy Holiday Season
- End of the Year Financial To-Do List
- Modest Increases for 2017 Medicare Parts A & B Premiums and Deductibles
- Open Enrollment For Health Insurance is Here!
- Eat Well, Sleep Enough and Move to Stay Healthy
- Four things to know about Medicare Open Enrollment
- Pick a Plan, then Find The Right Doctor