Reducing Stress Through Music
Music is one of life’s greatest joys, and it has amazing health benefits too! Whether you are playing an instrument or appreciating your favorite album, music can release stress levels and reduce the risk of its physical side-effects.
Here are several reasons why listening to music is good for your mind, body, and soul!
A Natural Way to Lift Your Spirits
Upbeat music creates more positive feelings, including more optimism and happiness.[i] When you are feeling down or overwhelmed with stress, some light, toe-tapping tunes can help you break through a dark cloud and feel better.
Relax and Fall Asleep Easier
Slower tempos help ease the body into a state of relaxation. Stress causes muscle tension, headaches and physical stress that can lead to insomnia. When you are awake, your brain waves travel at a frequency of 8 to 14 hertz. Calming meditation music with delta waves help you transition into a natural sleep, slow racing thoughts, and unwind.
Become More Mindful
Time can turn into one frustrating blur when you are feeling overwhelmed. Music is a good way to interrupt stressful circumstances and infuse the moment with some positivity.
Think about your daily commute or doing chores. No one really enjoys these things but adding music to the mix can increase your dopamine levels, lower the presence of stress hormones, and even help you enjoy the moment.
Reconnect with Your Body
The more your mind feels burdened, and weighed down, the worse you will feel physically. Producing music can help you relieve physical pain and tension and improve your mood. Try strumming a guitar, playing the piano, or even just shaking a tambourine!
Music mostly happens in the non-verbal parts of the brain that is, our bodies feel it as much as we hear it.
Adding music to your stress-relief toolkit can help you feel better in your daily life. Start playing your favorite records or explore new tracks. Who knows, you may even decide to take on an instrument and discover your new favorite hobby!
- Gratitude - Key to a Positive Mindset
- Adopting a Holistic Wellness Approach to a Healthier You
- 3 Common Sense Things People Should Know
- Exploring Superfoods: Nutrient-Packed Ingredients for a Healthy Diet
- Unraveling the Mystery of the Extra Day
- Digital Detox: A Healthy You in a Hyperconnected World
- Financial Fitness in 2024: Budgeting and Saving Tips
- Three Joyful Habits for a Healthier You in 2024
- New Year's Resolutions: Staying Committed Year Round
- The Magic of Christmas Traditions
- Staying Healthy During the Winter Months!
- How to be a Time Management Whiz During this Busy Season
- Self-care tips for December
- Five Health “Hacks” For Happy Holidays
- Turning 65? Looking at Medicare?
- Turning 65? What You Need to Know about Signing up for Medicare
- The Smart Home: What is that?
- Important definitions to help you understand your life Insurance
- Why an Insurance Agent Makes a Difference When Buying an Insurance Plan
- Preparing For an Emergency
- Davis Insurance Fresh New Look!
- Why Do I Pay Medicare Part B
- Don’t Let Insurance Coverage Gaps Put You at Financial Risk
- It’s February And That Means It’s American Heart Month
- Starting a New Business? Don’t Forget Your Insurance
- How to Stay on Track with Healthy Goals for 2017
- Insurance and Financial Planning Resolution for 2017!
- Wishing You a Happy Holiday Season
- End of the Year Financial To-Do List
- Modest Increases for 2017 Medicare Parts A & B Premiums and Deductibles
- Open Enrollment For Health Insurance is Here!
- Eat Well, Sleep Enough and Move to Stay Healthy
- Four things to know about Medicare Open Enrollment
- Pick a Plan, then Find The Right Doctor