I’m 50 Years Old. Should I Keep My Life Insurance?
Of all our purchases, life insurance is one product we hope we will never have to use. When you were young and saddled with responsibilities, you made the smart decision to purchase life insurance to protect your loved ones. Now that you’ve reached middle age, your financial responsibilities have likely changed.
You may be questioning if it is worthwhile to continue paying those monthly or annual life insurance payments. Of course, answering that question is as much a personal question as it is a financial one. But there are six reasons you may wish to continue submitting those insurance premium payments.
- Child Expenses – Life insurance can secure your children’s educational future if they are still in school or expect to pursue post-secondary education.
- Debt Payments – Most outstanding debts will transfer to your estate and will be paid with any assets left behind. This includes your mortgage, auto loans, and any unsecured debt you may carry now or in the future.
- Income Replacement – If your partner’s standard of living is supported by your current income or will be during retirement, life insurance will replace the monthly income lost after your passing.
- Business Buyout – If you are an owner of a business, your spouse or estate will become the new partner after your passing. Life insurance can provide the funds necessary to fund a buyout (note, this type of insurance is usually owned by the corporation).
- Leave a Legacy – Do you have a favorite charity, school, or religious organization you would like to support? Life insurance can leave a lasting legacy in your name.
- Final Expenses – As the cost of living goes up, so too does the cost of dying. The average funeral costs between $7,000 and $12,000, which would need to be paid out of savings if life insurance isn’t in place.
Buying life insurance protects those you leave behind and is considered one of the most selfless purchases you will ever make. To learn more about your life insurance options after 50, contact my office today to schedule a call.
- Gratitude - Key to a Positive Mindset
- Adopting a Holistic Wellness Approach to a Healthier You
- 3 Common Sense Things People Should Know
- Exploring Superfoods: Nutrient-Packed Ingredients for a Healthy Diet
- Unraveling the Mystery of the Extra Day
- Digital Detox: A Healthy You in a Hyperconnected World
- Financial Fitness in 2024: Budgeting and Saving Tips
- Three Joyful Habits for a Healthier You in 2024
- New Year's Resolutions: Staying Committed Year Round
- The Magic of Christmas Traditions
- Staying Healthy During the Winter Months!
- How to be a Time Management Whiz During this Busy Season
- Self-care tips for December
- Five Health “Hacks” For Happy Holidays
- Turning 65? Looking at Medicare?
- Turning 65? What You Need to Know about Signing up for Medicare
- The Smart Home: What is that?
- Important definitions to help you understand your life Insurance
- Why an Insurance Agent Makes a Difference When Buying an Insurance Plan
- Preparing For an Emergency
- Davis Insurance Fresh New Look!
- Why Do I Pay Medicare Part B
- Don’t Let Insurance Coverage Gaps Put You at Financial Risk
- It’s February And That Means It’s American Heart Month
- Starting a New Business? Don’t Forget Your Insurance
- How to Stay on Track with Healthy Goals for 2017
- Insurance and Financial Planning Resolution for 2017!
- Wishing You a Happy Holiday Season
- End of the Year Financial To-Do List
- Modest Increases for 2017 Medicare Parts A & B Premiums and Deductibles
- Open Enrollment For Health Insurance is Here!
- Eat Well, Sleep Enough and Move to Stay Healthy
- Four things to know about Medicare Open Enrollment
- Pick a Plan, then Find The Right Doctor