Best Nutrition Apps
Your smartphone is a valuable tool that can help you track calories, monitor your intake, and follow a diet targeted to your specific needs. Eating well and exercising regularly are two of the best things you can do to extend your life. Staying active throughout your senior years reduces the risk of many common health conditions including heart disease, cancer and even Alzheimer’s.
Stay on top of your health and improve your diet with these helpful nutrition apps!
Meal-planning saves you money and helps you reach your fitness goals; the next time you go to the grocery store, you will be able to buy the freshest ingredients for healthy recipes thanks to the Shopwell app.
Scan the barcode of items and you’ll receive a breakdown of its nutritional content. After you checkout, you can take a photo of your receipt to get a full breakdown of how your purchase ties into your overall diet.
If you’re keeping careful track of your diet, it can be a hassle writing down everything. Simplify the process with You Ate by snapping a photo of your plate. Fitness goals become tied to your mental health and emotional wellbeing through a journaling feature. This app is also helpful if you tend to skip meals or forget to eat.
If you have IBS or another gastrointestinal condition, FODMAP is a valuable tool. The FODMAP plan involves avoiding foods with certain carbohydrates to reduce irritation and inflammation. In addition to listing different food ingredients with their FODMAP rating, the app also provides healthy recipes and a journal.
Are you a vegan or interested in following a vegan diet? This app will help! Live Up! is packed full of yummy planet-based recipes that are also perfect for people who are gluten-free or lactose intolerant. Plant-based diets are renowned for being the healthiest, and they have even been shown to improve symptoms of major depression.
Following a healthy diet has never been easier or more fun thanks to technology. Keep these apps on your phone to follow through with your fitness goals and stay motivated.
- Gratitude - Key to a Positive Mindset
- Adopting a Holistic Wellness Approach to a Healthier You
- 3 Common Sense Things People Should Know
- Exploring Superfoods: Nutrient-Packed Ingredients for a Healthy Diet
- Unraveling the Mystery of the Extra Day
- Digital Detox: A Healthy You in a Hyperconnected World
- Financial Fitness in 2024: Budgeting and Saving Tips
- Three Joyful Habits for a Healthier You in 2024
- New Year's Resolutions: Staying Committed Year Round
- The Magic of Christmas Traditions
- Staying Healthy During the Winter Months!
- How to be a Time Management Whiz During this Busy Season
- Self-care tips for December
- Five Health “Hacks” For Happy Holidays
- Turning 65? Looking at Medicare?
- Turning 65? What You Need to Know about Signing up for Medicare
- The Smart Home: What is that?
- Important definitions to help you understand your life Insurance
- Why an Insurance Agent Makes a Difference When Buying an Insurance Plan
- Preparing For an Emergency
- Davis Insurance Fresh New Look!
- Why Do I Pay Medicare Part B
- Don’t Let Insurance Coverage Gaps Put You at Financial Risk
- It’s February And That Means It’s American Heart Month
- Starting a New Business? Don’t Forget Your Insurance
- How to Stay on Track with Healthy Goals for 2017
- Insurance and Financial Planning Resolution for 2017!
- Wishing You a Happy Holiday Season
- End of the Year Financial To-Do List
- Modest Increases for 2017 Medicare Parts A & B Premiums and Deductibles
- Open Enrollment For Health Insurance is Here!
- Eat Well, Sleep Enough and Move to Stay Healthy
- Four things to know about Medicare Open Enrollment
- Pick a Plan, then Find The Right Doctor